The winery is situated within the estate, surrounded by the vineyards and designed in respect to the Cretan natural environment.
The wines from Michalakis Estate match the family tradition, the elements of the Cretan soil and the continuous quest for improvement and innovation.
Their vision is to offer high quality wines, make the Cretan wine famous in all over the world, and support the Cretan nutrition and those who seek for new wine alternatives.
Select from the adjacent wine collection the one that best suits you.
• Brand New “High –Tech” winery, located in the center of the Estate in the heart of Crete
• 45 Hectares privately-owned estate vineyards at an altitude of 600 meters
• 40 Hectares privately-owned vineyards of the Medieval Monastery of Saint George, one of the Oldest Cretan Monasteries (14th Century AD)
• 100 Hectares of co-operating Vineyards
• 14 Local & International Grape Varieties
Produces the wines: gold, kleoni, kyr, lato,le manoir, metikos, vin de crete
On Creta they use the grapes: vilana, vidiano, thrapsathiri, kotsifali, liatiko, malvazia, mantilari, muscat of spina, plyto, dafni, romeiko, cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay, merlot, sauvignon blanc, syrah, sangiovese,